|Lalo Schifrin - Music From Mission: Impossible
|Soundtrack album by Lalo Schifrin
||October 4, 5 & 7, 1967
|Lalo Schifrin chronology
|The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich
|Music from Mission: Impossible
|Cool Hand Luke
"Music from Mission Impossible" is an album featuring music composed and conducted by Lalo Schifrin recorded in 1967 and released on the Dot label. The music on this album is rerecorded and extended scores that were originally commissioned for the TV series Mission: Impossible.
Schifrin was awarded two Grammys at the 10th Gremmy awards for his work on the first series (Best Instrumental Theme and Best Original Score for a Motion Picture or TV Show).
The album peaked at 47 on the Billboard Albums Chart and 11 on the magazine's jazz chart in 1968.
The Allmusic review states: "Any fan of the show should try and find this album at a used music shop, but more specifically fans of Lalo Schifrin (and that could be quite a few, as he remained uncredited on some of his TV themes) should definitely check the album out. It's a good buy if you can find it".
All compositions by Lalo Schifrin except as indicated
- "Mission: Impossible" - 2:31
- "Jim on the Move" - 3:12
- "Operation Charm" - 2:55
- "The Sniper" - 3:20
- "Rollin Hand" - 2:48
- "The Plot" - 2:25
- "Wide Willy" - 2:03
- "Cinnamon (The Lady Was Made to Be Loved)" (Jack Urbont, Bruce Geller) - 2:36
- "Barney Does It All" - 2:30
- "Danger" - 2:44
- "Mission: Accomplished" - 2:40
- Recorded in Hollywood, California on October 4, 5 & 7, 1967
- Lalo Schifrin - piano, harpsichord, arranger, conductor
- Al Porcino, John Audino, Tony Terran, Ray Triscari, Stuart Williamson - trumpet
- Billy Byers - trombone, arranger
- Dick Nash, George Roberts, Dick Leith, Lloyd Ulyate - trombone
- Vincent DeRosa, Bill Hinshaw, David Duke, Richard Mackey - French horn
- Bud Shank, Ronald Langinger, Justin Gordon, John Lowe, Jack Nimitz - reeds
- Mike Melvoin - piano, harpsichord
- Paul Beaver - piano
- Bob Bain, Tommy Tedesco - guitar
- Bill Plummer - sitar
- Ray Brown - bass
- Carol Kaye - electric bass
- Earl Palmer - drums, percussion
- Shelly Manne - drums
- Adolfo Valdes - bongos, conga
- Ken Watson, Emil Richards - percussion
- Anatol Kaminsky, Paul Shure, Bonnie Douglas, Sam Freed, Marvin Limonick, Alexander Murray, Irma Neumann, George Kast, Nathan Kaproff, Thelma Beach, James Getzoff, George Berres, Ambrose Russo, Joe Stepansky, Irma Neumann- violin
- Allan Harshman, Myra Kestenbaum, Milton Thomas, Myer Bello - viola
- Raphael Kramer, Leanor Slatkin, Frederick Seykora, Justin DiTullio, Emmet Sargeant - cello
- Dorothy Remsen - harp
- Robert Helfer - orchestra manager
- George DelBarrio, Dick Hazard - arranger
Lalo Schifrin - Music From Mission: Impossible
U.S. Dot DPL 25831 stereo (1967).
Album produced by Tom Mack.
The vinyl record attains a strong excellent grading, suggesting few plays.
Audio quality is very clear and strong throughout.
Both record centre labels are clean, unmarked, and free from tears, stains or stickers.
The album cover is in excellent condition, displaying only minimal signs of wear.
The album cover has a strong, undamaged spine, displaying very clear, printed script.