|Lalo Shhifrin - Enter the Dragon
|Soundtrack album by Lalo Schifrin
BS-2727 (US) K46275 (UK)
|Lalo Schifrin chronology
|Enter the Dragon
"Enter the Dragon" is a soundtrack album to the motion picture of the same name by Argentine composer, pianist and conductor Lalo Schifrin recorded in 1973 and released on the Warner Bros. label.
The Allmusic review states "The opening "Theme from Enter the Dragon" is unquestionably a product of its time. While the tune is occasionally infused with Eastern-sounding chords and instrumental voicings, the adrenaline-pumping proto-funk backbeat is drenched in wah-wah guitar, dramatic brass interjections and (presumably) Lee's intimidating Kiai (battle cry) vocalizations. With the notable exception of the reprise of the "Theme From...," the remaining eight selections primarily consist of mood-enhancing sounds to accompany rather than react to -- the action taking place on screen".
All tracks written by Lalo Schifrin.
||"Theme from Enter the Dragon"
||"The Gentle Softness"
||"The Big Battle"
||"The Human Fly"
||"Bamboo Bird Cage"
||"Theme from Enter the Dragon (reprise)"
- Lalo Schifrin - arranger, conductor
- John Audino, Tony Terran, Eugene E. Young - trumpet
- Dick Noel, Hoyt Bohannon, Dick Nash, George Roberts - trombone
- Vincent DeRosa, James Decker, Richard Perissi - French horn
- Ronnie Lang, Sheridon Stokes, Jerome Richardson, John Ellis, Jack Marsh - reeds
- Clare Fischer, Ralph Grierson, Joe Sample - keyboards
- Al Vescovo, Bernie Lewis, Larry Carlton, Tommy Tedesco, Dennis Budimer, Peter Woodford, Bob Bain - guitar
- Max Bennett - bass
- Stix Hooper - drums, percussion
- Larry Bunker, Emil Richards, Joe Porcaro, Ken Watson, Robert Zimmitti, Francisco Aquabella - percussion
- Israel baker, Howard Griffin, Anatol Kaminsky, Joseph Livoti, Joseph Livoti, Jerome Reisler, George Kast, Herman Clebanoff, Gerald Vinci, Alex Beller, Bonnie Douglas, Paul Shure, Alfred Lustgarten, Erno Neufeld - violin
- Sam Ross, Myra Kestenbaum, Virginia Majewski, Allan Harshman, Rollice Dale - viola
- Raphael Kramer, Kurt Reher, Eleanor Slatkin, Frederick Seyhora - cello
- Dorothy Remsen harp
- Kurt Wolff - contractor
- Dick Hazard - arranger
Lalo Schifrin - Enter the Dragon (Original Sound Track From the Motion Picture)
UK Warner Bros. K 46275 stereo (1973).
Album produced by Rick Redman.
The vinyl record has remained in excellent condition.
Audio quality is very clear and strong throughout.
Both record centre labels are clean, unmarked, and free from tears, stains or stickers.
The album cover is in excellent condition, displaying only minor signs of wear.
The album cover has a strong, undamaged spine, displating very clear, printed script.