|Sweets from a Stranger
|Studio album by Squeeze
||Ramport Studios, London, England 1981
||New Wave, power pop, post-punk
||Squeeze, Phil McDonald
|East Side Story
|Sweets from a Stranger
|Singles - 45's and Under
|Singles from Sweets from a Stranger
- "Black Coffee in Bed"
Released: 9 April 1982
- "When the Hangover Strikes"
Released: July 1982
- "I've Returned"
Released: 1982 (Netherlands only)
"Sweets from a Stranger" is the fifth studio album by the British new wave group Squeeze. Its surprisingly dark mood and what some perceived as relatively uninspired songwriting led to some of the band's least flattering reviews since their debut. The band split up soon after a world tour for the record, and the two main songwriters went on to record 1984's "Difford & Tillbrook". Squeeze reunited and released "Cosi Fan Tutti Frutti" in 1985.
In 1997, the CD was released in the UK with two bonus tracks, as part of the "Six of One..." box set. The set included the band's first six studio albums, each digitally remastered. These CDs were made available for individual purchase in 1998.
All songs written by Chris Difford and Glenn Tillbrook.
- "Out of Touch" – 3:50
- "I Can't Hold On" – 3:34
- "Points of View" – 4:12
- "Stranger Than the Stranger on the Shore" – 3:19
- "Onto the Dance Floor" – 3:37
- "When the Hangover Strikes"" – 4:29
- "Black Coffee in Bed" – 6:12
- "I've Returned" – 2:34
- "Tongue Like a Knife" – 4:10
- "His House Her Home" – 3:23
- "The Very First Dance" – 3:17
- "The Elephant Ride" – 3:22
- Chris Difford – Rhythm Guitar, Vocals
- Glen Tillbrook – Lead Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals
- John Bentley – bass, Back Vocals
- Don snow – Keyboards, Back Vocals
- Gilson Lavis – Drums
- Elvis Costello - backing vocals on "Black Coffee In Bed"
- Del Newman - string arrangements
- Paul Young - backing vocals on "Black Coffee In Bed"
Squeeze - Sweets From a Stranger
UK A&M AMLH 64899 stereo (1982)
Album produced by Squeeze and Phil McDonald.
The vinyl record attains a strong excellent grading.
Audio quality is very clear and strong throughout.
Both record centre labels are clean and unmarked.
The albums laminated cover is in excellent condition, displaying only minor signs of wear.
The album cover rear side has a gold embossed A&M "Not For Sale" stamp.
The original company promotional sticker is still adhered to the front cover.
The original inner sleeve is perfectly presented.