|Studio album by Be-Bop Deluxe
||Art rock, progressive rock
||John Leckie and Bill Nelson
|Be-Bop Deluxe chronology
|Singles from Sunburst Finish
- ""Ships in the Night""
Released: February 1976
"Sunburst Finish" is the third studio album by art rock band Be-Bop Deluxe, released in February 1976. It was recorded in Abbey Road Studios, London.
The album contains what would become one of their few forays into chart success; the February 1976 single "Ships in the Night", which reached number 23 in the UK Singles Charts.
Keyboardist Andy Clark, who had served as a temporary member during Be-Bop Deluxe's 1975 "Futurama" tour, joined the band as a full member for this album. He remained until the band was dissolved by Bill Nelson in 1978 and would be the only member of Be-Bop Deluxe apart from Bill Nelson to become part of Bill Nelson's Red Noise.
Original UK release (February 1976)
All songs written by Bill Nelson
- "Fair Exchange" – 4:49
- "Heavenly Homes" – 3:36
- "Ships in the Night" – 4:03
- "Crying to the Sky" – 3:57
- "Sleep That Burns" – 5:16
- "Beauty Secrets" – 2:47
- "Life in the Air Age" – 3:59
- "Like an Old Blues" – 3:27
- "Crystal Gazing" – 3:24
- "Blazing Apostles" – 4:29
- "Shine" (Reissue bonus track)
- "Speed of the Wind" (Reissue bonus track)
- "Blue as a Jewel" (Reissue bonus track)
- Bill Nelson - electric and 12-string guitars, lead vocals
- Andy Clark - keyboards, synthesizer
- Charlie Tumahai - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Simon Fox - drums
John Thornton photographed the cover based on a concept by Mike Doud.
Be-Bop Deluxe - Sunburst Finish
UK Harvest SHSP 4053 stereo (1976)
Album produced by John Leckie and Bill Nelson.
The vinyl record attains a strong excellent grading.
Audio quality is very clear and strong throughout.
Both record centre labels are clean and unmarked.
The album cover is in excellent condition, displaying only minimal signs of wear.
The original inner sleeve is excellently presented.