|Lalo Schifrin - Black Widow
|Studio album by
||March 29 & 30, 1976
Mediasound Studios, New York City
|Lalo Schifrin chronology
|Enter the Dragon
"Black Widow" is an album by Argentine composer, pianist and conductor Lalo Schifrin recorded in 1976 and released on the CTI label.
The Allmusic review called it "one of the peak albums in Lalo Schifrin's lengthy catalogue and a necessity for anyone interested in his jazz work".
All compositions by Lalo Schifrin except as indicated
- "Black Widow" - 4:11
- "Flamingo" (Edmund Anderson, Ted Grouya) - 4:31
- "Quiet Village" (Les Baxter) - 5:45
- "Moonglow/Theme From Picnic" (Will Hudson, Irving Mills, Eddie DeLamge/George Duning, Steve Allen) - 6:13
- "Jaws" (John Williams) - 6:01
- "Baia" (Ary Barroso, Ray Gilbert) - 4:49
- "Turning Point" - 3:29
- "Dragonfly" - 5:45
- Recorded at Mediasound Studios in New York City on March 29 & 30, 1976
- Lalo Schifrin - piano, keyboards, arranger, conductor
- Jon Faddis - trumpet
- Wayne Andre, Billy Campbell, Barry Rogers - trombone
- Dave Taylor - bass trombone
- Pepper Adams - baritone saxophone
- Joe Farrell - alto saxophone, flute
- Jerry Dodgion, Hubert Laws, George Marge - flute
- Clark Spangler - keyboards
- Eric Gale, Jerry Friedman, John Tropea - guitar
- Anthony Jackson - bass
- Andy Newmark - drums
- Don Alias, Carter Collins, Sue Evans, Carlos Martin - percussion
- Patti Austin - vocals
- Max Ellen, Paul Gershman, Emanuel Green, Harold Kohon, Charles Libove, Harry Lookofsky, David Nadien, Matthew Raimondi - violin
Lalo Schifrin - Black Widow
UK CTI 5000 stereo (1976).
Album produced by Creed Taylor.
The vinyl record attains a strong excellent grading, suggesting few plays.
Audio quality is very clear and strong throughout.
Both record centre labels are clean, unmarked, and free from tears, stains or stickers.
The album's laminated cover is in excellent condition, displaying on;ly minimal signs of wear.
The album cover has a strong, undamaged spine, displaying very clear, printed script.
the original inner sleeve is excellently presented.