|Dusty springfield - Where Am I Going?
|Studio album by Dusty Springfield
||27 October 1967
||Philips Studios, Stanhope Place, London, UK, July–August 1967 (Track A4: November 1965)
BL 7820 (mono)
SBL 7820 (stereo)
Dusty Springfield (Track A5)
|Dusty Springfield chronology
|Ev'rything's Coming Up Dusty
|Where Am I Going?
"Where Am I Going?" is the third studio album by singer Dusty Springfield, released on Philips Records in the UK in 1967. By now, firmly established as one of the most popular singers in Britain, with several hits in America as well, Springfield ventured into more varying styles than before, and recorded a wide variety of material for this album. Rather than the straightforward pop of "A Girl Called Dusty" or the mix of pop and soul of "Ev'rything's Coming Up Dusty", Springfield recorded a variety of styles from jazz to soul, to pop and even show tunes (the standout title track, from the musical Sweet Charity). While not the success that her previous two albums were, Where Am I Going? was praised by fans and critics alike for showing a mature and sophisticated sensibility, despite the many different styles of music.
In the United States, the album was released in a quite altered form as "The Look of Love", titled after a successful Springfield recording originally only released as a single B-side in Britain. Also included were two other singles — "Give Me Time", a U.K. and United States hit, and "What's It Gonna Be", a United States hit — not included on Where Am I Going?. The Look of Love also contained the UK single B-side "Small Town Girl", not on "Where Am I Going?".
- "Bring Him Back" (Mort Shuman, Doc Domus) - 2:12
- "Don't Let Me Lose This Dream" (Aretha Franklin, Ted White) - 2:24
- "I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face" (Jerry Ragovoy, Chip Taylor) - 2:39
- "Take Me for a Little While" (Trade Martin) - 2:22
- "Chained to a Memory" (Kay Rogers, Richard Ahlert) - 2:35
- "Sunny" (Bobby Hebb) - 1:52
- "(They Long to Be) Close to You" (Burt Bacharach, Hal David) - 2:25
- "Welcome Home" (Chip Taylor) - 2:38
- "Come Back to Me" (Alan Jay Lerner, Burton Lane) - 2:03
- "If You Go Away (Ne Me Quitte Pas)" (Jacques Brel, Rod McKuen) - 3:50
- "Broken Blossoms" (Traditional, Tom Springfield, Robert Gray) - 2:41
- "Where Am I Going?" (Dorothy Fields, Cy Coleman) - 3:39
Personnel and production
- Dusty Springfield - lead vocals, backing vocals
- Lesley Duncan - backing vocals
- Madeline Bell - backing vocals
- The Echoes - acompanyment
- Alan Tew - accompaniment & orchestra director
- Arthur Greenslade - accompaniment & orchestra director
- Wally Stott - accompaniment & orchestra director
- Peter Knight - accompaniment & orchestra director
- Reg Guest - accompaniment & orchestra director
- Pat Williams - musical arranger
- Jim Tyler - musical arranger
- Johnny Spence - musical arranger
- Johnny Franz - record producer
Dusty Springfield - Where Am I Going
UK Philips BL. 7820 mono (1967).
Album produced by Johnny Franz and Dusty Springfield.
The vinyl record attains a strong excellent grading, suggesting few plays.
Audio quality is very clear and strong throughout.
Both record centre labels are clean and unmarked.
Both record centre labels are free from tears, stains or stickers.
The albums original laminated, flipback cover, is in excellent condition, displaying only minimal signs of wear.
The album cover has a strong, undamaged spine, displaying very clear, printed script.