|The Two of Us
|Studio album by Yarbrough & Peoples
||1980 at Total Experience Recording Studios, Hollywood, California
|Yarbrough & Peoples chronology
||The Two of Us
"The Two of Us" is the debut album by the R&B duo Yarbrough & Peoples, released in 1980 on Mercury Records. It was produced by LA based producer Lonnie Simmons, who would go on to form Total Experience the following year, and veteran songwriter Jonah Ellis.
"The Two of Us" contained the couple's biggest hit, "Don't Stop the Music", which went to #1 on the R&B charts, #26 on the dance charts, and #19 on the pop charts. The album peaked at #1 on the R&B Charts and #16 on the pop charts.
- "Don't Stop the Music" 7:49 (Alisa Peoples, Lonnie Simmons, Jonah Ellis)
- "Crazy" 3:54 (Peoples, Calvin Yarbrough)
- "Third Degree" 4:54 (Ellis)
- "Easy Tonight" 3:38 (Ellis)
- "Want You Back Again" 4:15 (Vice, Yarbrough, Peoples)
- "Come to Me" 4:36 (Yarbrough, Peoples, Simmons)
- "You're My Song" 4:58 (Ellis, Simmons)
- "Two of Us" 4:15 (Yarbrough, Peoples)
- "I Believe I'm Falling in Love" 3:52 (Ellis)
- Cavin Yarbrough and Alisa Peoples - Keyboards, Synthesizer, Percussion, Lead and Backing Vocals
- Robert "Goodie" Whitfield, Temple McKinney - Keyboards, Backing Vocals
- Dionne "Flea" Oliver, Michael McKinney - Bass
- Victor "Widetrack" Hill - Bass, Backing Vocals
- Michael Wycoff, Patrick Moten - Keyboards
- J.P. "Sugarfoot" Moffett, Melvin Webb, Raymond Calhoun - Drums
- Butch Bonner, Jimmy Macon, Wes Blackman, Jonah Ellis - Guitar
- Loftin "Boots" Gray, Paulinho Da Costa - Percussion
- Benjamin Wright, Malvin "Dino" Vice - Horn & String Arrangements
- Jim Gilstrap, Julia Waters, Maxine Waters, Pat Peterson - Backing Vocals
- Produced By Lonnie Simmons & Jonah Ellis for Total Experience Productions, except "Want You Back Again" & "Come To Me"; produced by Lonnie Simmons & Malvin "Dino" Vice
- Horn and String Arrangements by Benjamin Wright and Malvin Dino Vice
- Recording & Mix Engineers: Steve McMillan, Michael Evans & Jack Rouben, except "Crazy" & "Third Degree"; mixed by Rick Gianatos & Bob Stone
- Remixes by Michael Evans & Steve McMillan
- Mastered by Bob Carbone
- All Songs Copyright Blackwell Publishing
|Billboard Pop Albums
|Billboard Top Soul
||"Don't Stop The Music"
Yarbrough & Peoples - The Two of Us
Mercury 9110162 stereo (1980)
Album manufactured in Germany.
Album produced by Lonnie Simmons and Jonah Ellis.
The vinyl record has remained in excellent condition.
Audio quality is very clear and strong throughout.
Both record centre labels are clean and unmarked.
The album cover is in excellent condition, displaying minor signs of wear.